Rapid, 16th to 19th May, Orlando, Florida, US
Date: 16th to 19th May, 2016
Address: Orange County Convention Center, 9800 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Official website: http://www.rapid3devent.com/
Event focus: “The authority event for 3D in North America”
About Rapid 2016
Rapid is a specialist 3D manufacturing event with specialisms in additive manufacturing, 3D printing and scanning. Rapid is the largest and longest established 3D/additive manufacturing event in North America.
Attendees will be able to listen to keynote speeches from Laser industry leaders, attend a variety of networking events, learn from additive manufacturing related workshops and also see a large selection of interactive 3D Laser exhibits.
Rapid attendees will be able to learn about the most recent up to date technological advances in 3D printing from around the world. There’s a chance to go on guided show tours where hosts will walk attendees through the show floor and discuss the technologies, products and innovations that will literally be before attendees eyes.
As you’d expect at an event like this there are innovations galore. So everybody has a chance to get involved:
- Innovation Auditions – Innovators have 5 minutes to discuss their innovations
- Innovation Connections – Researchers, Universities and start-up businesses share their innovations and
- Innovation Exchange – View some of the recent changes around the world in additive manufacturing
There’s nothing quite like talking to people who actually design and/or use the technology, so here you’ll find suppliers and customers alike to talk to.
In particular the networking events are ideal, especially for meeting customers who’ve experienced and overcome similar manufacturing problems to yourself.
Challenges that Rapid will Addriess
Attending the event in 2016 will provide advice on the following manufacturing challenges:
- How to approach prototype production
- Improvements and refinements to product design
- Producing components and parts economically in low volumes
- Reducing manufacturing costs
- Reducing the lead-time of products to market
- Tooling – approaches to eliminating and reducing tooling.
SPI Lasers at Rapid
There’s so much more that could be said about this exhibition, but really it’s best to see it by attending!
We would be delighted to meet new and old customers alike as well as network/exchange ideas with all interested parties in the Laser industry. We look forward to meeting you there.
If you enjoyed reading this article, why not register for future articles?