Founded in 2000 SPI Lasers are a global designer and manufacturer of pulsed and CW fiber lasers with a UK headquarters, operating in 150 counties with manufacturing facilities located in Southampton and Rugby and five global offices located in Southampton (UK), Rugby (UK), Shanghai (China), Santa Clara (USA) & Seoul (Korea). Our product range consists of high-quality fiber laser solutions, which are renowned for their innovation, reliability and are particularly effective for additive manufacturing, cutting, macro machining, marking, micromachining and welding applications.
JK Lasers Acquisition
In April 2015 SPI Lasers completed the acquisition of JK Lasers. This strengthened our position as fiber laser market leaders and has delivered significant benefits to customer service and expertise within the global laser market.
Our core product range consists of:
- redENERGY® G4 – This pulsed fiber laser range uses GTWave and PulseTune as core technologies and delivers lasers of superior quality with great flexibility and versatility
- redPOWER® PRISM 300W-2kW Laser – An OEM CW fiber laser Module offering single mode and multimode fiber delivery options, good output stability, and high-frequency modulation in a compact 19” rack mount design. Simple control and utility requirements allow for value-add integration into processing systems.
- redPOWER® QUBE 300W-2kW Laser – Cased QUBE Lasers bring enhanced control interface, power supply and safety features, and offer a range of beam qualities from 0.38 – 4.6mm.mrad for the single and multimode fiber delivery options, and integral high speed pulse shaping capability for welding and additive manufacturing.
- redPOWER® PRISM Multi kW 3kW-6kW system – These Rack systems, combining multiple fiber laser Modules with a High Power Combiner (HPC) tray, offer system integrators a compact and cost-effective way to add Fiber Laser capability into their processing machines. These versatile units have a comprehensive control system, high reliability, integral patented back reflection protection, and PierceDetect function.
- redPOWER® QUBE Multi kW System 3kW – 8kW – Now available with power configurations up to 8kW in single Cabinets, and featuring Pierce Detect and Back reflection protection technology, these CW lasers have a range of delivery fiber options, integral pulse shaping, and high modulation frequencies to combat challenges with industrial manufacturing applications.
Some clients who use SPI Laser products include Rolls Royce, Samsung, Bosch, Siemens, Swiss Army & Harley-Davidson. Further examples can be found on the About Us page – https://www.spilasers.com/about-us.
Commitment to Research and Development
SPI has an ongoing commitment to provide the latest cutting-edge developments in the laser industry and have R&D facilities in:
- Shanghai, China
- Southampton, UK (including the world-renowned Optoelectronics Research Centre (ORC) which is a part of Southampton University) and
- Santa Clara, USA
Training courses are delivered globally throughout the entire year. Training is tailored to both end-users and service personnel. Training is provided in a wide range of areas such as diagnosis of faults, repair, optimisation and laser processing techniques.
Our lasers are used across a range of industries, but particularly (although not exclusively) to the following:
- Telecommunications and
- Watch Making
Key Reasons to Buy SPI Lasers
- Increased profitability – With virtually no ongoing maintenance and lower running costs trust SPI to increase your profits
- Highest quality – Starting with our superior research all the way through to expert design and manufacture
- Improved flexibility – A range of performance features such as higher modulation rates and closed-loop operations deliver improved flexibility
- Improved productivity – SPI has a wide product range which enables a specific Laser to be selected for a particular application increasing productivity
Contacting SPI Lasers
If you’re interested in finding out more please contact us on +44 (0)1489 779 696, visit www.spilasers.com or e-mail us at Sales@spilasers.com